* When submitting files, we prefer to receive press-ready PDFs with crop marks and bleeds to streamline the process and achieve quicker turnaround. Submit files through our Secure Link or you can email small files to your sales representative.
Preferred Photo Resolution:
A high DPI is very important for print quality. Please send all photos 300 DPI. Images below the 200 DPI minimum may look pixelated or blurry in print while making files larger than 300 DPI maximum will only enlarge your file size without adding any quality.
Print Ready Artwork:
Print ready artwork files are different from web ready artwork, not only because of the 300 DPI resolution, but because the artwork needs to bleed. If your artwork has any color going to the edge of the page, you need to extend the portions where the color touches 1/8″ (.125″) past the printed canvas. For example, if you are designing for a 4″ x 6″ postcard with color going to the edge, your canvas size will be 4.25″ x 6.25″ with the bleed added. This ensures that your graphics extend across the entire piece. If no color goes to the edge of your artwork / every edge is white, it can be submitted without bleed.
Please also make sure all important text and imagery is at least 1/4″ away from the edge of the paper. This assures consistent quality when the job is cut.
When submitting Microsoft Office files
(Word, Excel, Powerpoint):
Please be aware that we must convert Office files to PDF format for printing. Doing this can occasionally cause font issues, graphic shifting or color mismatch.
You can save your Microsoft Office files as PDF on your own by going to File > Save As > choose PDF on the dropdown menu on the bottom of the pop-up window > Save (in a location you can find). Some older versions of Office may not have this function, so let us know if you need help converting your file to PDF.
In general, we will work with you on anything you provide. Sending any file types not mentioned above is not recommended because it can cause delays in production and various issues in quality.
Preferred File Types:
- Adobe CC Native Files
(Packaged InDesign files, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Conceptual Consultation
- Graphic Design
- Layout and Imposition
- Photo Manipulation
- Photo Retouching
When submitting Indesign Files:
* If you only send us the native Indesign file by itself instead of packaging it, all of your images and fonts will be missing when we open it up. Packaging assures this doesn’t happen.
1. Go to File > Package in Indesign
2. Make sure all your settings are correct in the window that pops up
3. Click “Package” on the bottom of the
4. Save the folder in a spot you can find
5. Find the folder and check inside to make sure all of your linked images and fonts are there
6. Right click the folder, click “compress” or “add to archive” (verbiage varies depending on your archive utility program). That will make it into a ZIP file
7. Send us the ZIP file
We also accept:
- JPG, PNG, TIF
- Microsoft Office native files
Follow these guidelines when submitting your own files:
- Color Correction
- Vector Art
- and more!
Let Us Create your Custom Design
For over 40 years we have helped our customers design professional quality print ready artwork. Our experienced graphic designers will take your designs from the screen to the printed page efficiently. Always being attentive to details and design concerns that come with the printing industry. Our art department has been recognized in industry publications for outstanding design. We will take your ideas and bring them to life while working to achieve the most effective message strategy on every project.